Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fundraising, ugh


I am not much of a fundraiser. People always ask me what I need. I usually tell them that I have enough to eat and a house to stay in, but that I treasure their prayers most. And all that is true. However, there are many other expenses along the way. I will say that what I, and people like me around the world, am doing is really important. As we work to provide medical care and teach others to do the same, we are able to alleviate disease not only in the here and now, but with fingers reaching into more distant areas and even future generations. As we recognize and minister to the needs of peoples’ hearts in the name of Christ, we are able to bring healing that far outlasts the ever present weaknesses of these temporary bodies. So, I’m not going to try to give you an exhaustive list of why you should give. I do believe it enriches one’s life as they learn generosity toward others. If you and your family do decide to ever support me financially, I am truly thankful. I really do appreciate every person who gives, every person who prays, and even every person who just cares. Thanks to those of you who do.

If anyone does need my information for my Samaritan's Purse account, it is:

World Medical Mission
Christy Lee, Acct #004394
PO Box 3000
Boone, NC 29607

or online
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/giving/wmm_doctors/

No comments:

Post a Comment